Hyperlocal Climate Risk Engine
The first unified digital insurance platform built for the era of climate risk.
TRUSTED PARTNERS INCLUDE:
Economic vs Insured Cost of Natural Catastrophes in 2020
Understory’s Hyperlocal Climate Risk Engine makes even the most challenging climate risks profitable.
Eliminate fraud and uncertainty with hyperlocal loss detection
Meet Dot, the ground-truth weather sensor at the core of our platform. It’s included with every policy we sell and captures 125,000 hyperlocal weather measurements per second, 24x7.
• Automates and streamlines loss notification and claims processing • Solar-powered and maintenance-free • Deployable anywhere within weeks • Easily integrates with third-party sensors
Machine-learned experiences pair each weather event with resulting damage
Our state-of-the-art, lab-validated damage testing on insured assets allows us to accurately match each severe weather event Dot captures with its resulting damage.
• Capable of generating damage functions for any physical asset.
• Ongoing optimization via field studies and ongoing claims activity.
THIRD-PARTY DATA AND MODELS INCLUDE:
Best-in-class climate risk modeling enables profitable risk selection
Our global network of Dot weather sensors has amassed more than 5 years of ground-truth data. We use this unrivaled database to augment and correct more than 50 years of historical data with machine learning. The end result is an unparalleled, 1x1km global climate risk and catastrophe model.
• Validated by leading insurers and reinsurers • Powered by advanced data science and machine learning, with losses integrated into real-time underwriting
Modern customer experiences that exceed the expectations of today's client
Today’s broker and client demands a digital insurance experience that is personalized and painless. UnderstoryOS rebuilds the broker and customer journey from the ground up.
• Recruiting • Training • Co-marketing • Sales Enablement
Pricing & Quoting
• Proprietary Modeling • Quote Tracking • Regulatory Compliance
• Risk mitigation pre and post loss • Automated weather FNOL • TPA integration • Customer Support
• Endorsements • Cancellations • Renewals • State-Level Reporting • Real-time risk adjusted underwriting
Sophisticated loss mitigation protects assets and makes programs sustainable
Today’s climate threat demands a new approach to loss mitigation. Every Understory client is empowered to shelter assets and take other measures to protect their property with real-time weather notifications, driving down balance sheet exposure and delighting customers.
• New mitigation strategies are continually tested for efficacy and implemented once proven. • Notifications include: º Daily weather outlooks º Nearby storm alerts º Post-event summaries º Claim status alerts
Get in touch to learn how Understory’s Hyperlocal Climate Risk Engine powers breakthrough property insurance programs
4916 E Broadway, Suite 200 Madison, WI 53716
Join the Team
©2020 Understory. All rights reserved.